If you're into digital, chances are you've heard of the pixies. They're an extremely passionate group of gals spanning the globe that have one thing in common - they LOVE digital. They love learning it, they love teaching it and they love to share their fun ideas. Creative Memories partnered with them several months ago to offer an exclusively awesome product - a 90-day subscription service that allows you to stop by their website and learn when it's convenient for you. They've also got a 24/7 Facebook Fan page where you can swing by to post your latest project, see what others are up to, or pose a question to one of the pixies. This comes in particularly handy if you're (like me) one of those folks who gets cruising along on a digi project, and then realizes it's suddenly 4 am, but you MUST share your latest creation before heading to bed.
Sure, this subscription has been available for several months now... so why the blog post just now, you ask?! Well, I figured this: I am a huge digital fan myself. I work at the Creative Memories Home Office, and my job consists of using the software and showing other folks what they can do with it. I wondered what would this subscription possibly have to offer ME?
I was hooked up with the subscription a few weeks ago, and thus far, as I've explored the site, here's what I've discovered:
- Every Monday is a fun new challenge - something to get your creative juices flowing.
- Every Tuesday & Saturday a new tip is added to their extensive archive of tips. Some of their most recent tips include things like Changing the Name of Commercial Art Kits, Converting Projects from SBC3 to SBC4, Importing photos from email and the web, and a whole bunch of other "great to know" things.
- Every Wednesday is like Christmas. You get a new blueprint, and if you're not familiar with what they are... they're just like Click and Fill Templates from CM. Still not sure? Consider them a grown up digital version of the old "Color by Number" projects we used to do as kids. Except there's no little number dictating to you what color to put where. You choose. They're so fun! OH, and the first Wednesday of every month, you get a bonus blueprint, making that one a 2-page spread. In addition to offering blueprints, they offer galleries of projects to inspire you using those blueprints, too.
- Every Thursday is also like Christmas - you get more free stuff. They call it Pixie Dust, and it's a handful of fun freebies that you get, kinda like the ones on the Project Center... except these are exclusive to you as a subscriber.
- Every Friday they introduce a new video tidbit - including Portfolios (loaded up with all kinds of fun materials on how to create things), workshops, how-to videos and a whole bunch more.
- Sundays is a day to focus on the fans - they watch what their Facebook Fans do, and celebrate with them by showcasing their favorites.
So... ultimately the more you dig into this site, the more you realize it's just loaded up with gem after digital gem to discover. Now, onto the super fun stuff! Here are just a sampling of fun things I've created since I got my subscription:
|Created using a blueprint titled "There's More for Ten Photos" - slightly altered.
Created using a blueprint titled "Photo Shoot for Six".
I also watched a video from the Portfolio, and in just under 10 minutes, I learned how to create this delicious little layout - a mock shadow box:
And, here are some that were created by a few of the pixies themselves:
|Project created by Jenny MacKay||Project created by Kerrianne Hobbs|
|Project created by Kim Mannino
||Project created by Tameka Bond
So you've seen what I've learned & discovered with barely scratching the surface of this subscription. There are tons more portolios to learn, videos to see, freebies to download and a whole community waiting for you! What are you waiting for? Give it a shot (US |Canada)!