New Year's blessings to you all! Can you believe the holidays have passed and the New Year is well underway? A couple of days ago, I finally got around to cleaning up the last remaining items from the Holidays. Yes, it does take me awhile to get everything put away. My problem lies not only in finding where to put it all, but also deciding between what I can toss and what I can recycle. You see, much to my husband's chagrin, I hate to throw things away if there's any way to reuse it.
While picking up, I gathered a pile of little boxes. Perfect little boxes - a green box, a white box, a black velvet box - I just couldn't throw them away! Who knows what they held, I can't remember. Perhaps they held those cute earrings, or that pretty charm bracelet, or did it hold my new favorite coffee mug? Who knows! The one thing I know is they are perfect for something - why would I throw out a perfect box?
While trying to find the ideal hiding spot so my husband wouldn't see them, an idea popped into my head. Not too long ago, I remember some boxes that caught my eye. The boxes were simply decorated. As I looked more closely, I figured out they had a holiday decorated sleeve that slid on and off. Simple, yet they looked great. That's it! I started to think how I could "dress up " my little boxes and use them in the months ahead.
So, this is what I came up with. I'll call it a "wrap"! It's a simple sleeve that slides on and off the boxes. It's decorated with just a little bit cute, but not too much. I think they are perfect for what I have in mind. There's one for a friend's birthday, an anniversary, a happy day wish, and two for something that might come up.
I printed them out on 12x12 paper, and they fit well on the small boxes I used. If I had a little bit bigger box, I think if I printed off two sheets and connected two "wraps", it would work well too. This was so easy. I rescued some boxes and now I don't have to hide them! Mission accomplished. Now...off to my next pile.
Smiles & Happy "Wrapping"!
“It’s a Wrap!”
Designed by Debbie Parks
- Storybook Creator
- Holidazzle Digital Kit
- Holidazzle Digital Embellishments
- Holidazzle Digital Alpha set
- Digital Embellishments – Office Supplies Silver
- Variety of small boxes and/or envelopes
1. Create a 12” x 12” page. Create desired "wraps" on one page.
It’s a Wrap #5 Blue Striped Snowflake (Bottom wrap)
- Add Holidazzle Photo Mat 9 (2 pieced together).
- Add 3- Ribbons # 4 (top, bottom, and middle). Place as shown.
- Add 1 Ribbon #6 (1), placing on top of ribbon in the middle. Increase the size of the ribbon you are placing it on top of so that the dark edges show.
- Add 2 Holidazzle Blue White Circle Dots as shown. Apply light shadow.
- Add 4 Grey Blue Circle Dots. Size and place over every other big snowflake on the ribbon as shown. Use the arrange tab to align and properly space the dots.
- To create the middle square piece, add the Office Supplies Silver Square Brad. Center and align.
- To make metal snowflake, add Holidazzle Snowflake. With snowflake selected, under the “Cut & Fill” tab, choose wand. Using default settings, click once just outside the snowflake. It should highlight around the snowflake. Click “erase the selected area”. Likewise, using wand, click inside each circle. Again choose “erase selected area”. With the snowflake selected, and still on “Cut & Fill” tab, select Gradient. Choose the one you like (mine is silver & white, one is circular, the other a diagonal). Apply heavy shadow. Place on square brad and add Blue White Circle Dot. Trim excess ribbon.
It’s a Wrap #4 Happy Birthday
- Add Holidazzle Present and Snowflake.
- Create each text word separately using the Holidazzle Digital Alpha set. You should create “happy”, “birthday”, “m”, “y”, “dear”, and “friend”. Work vertically, placing one word one per line. Align them, using the Arrange tab and first make them the same width, then center them. The “y” will be bigger, tucking the dear underneath the “m”. When it looks good, select all the words (make sure you have them all selected), then “Group” them. Rotate sideways, and assemble with the other two embellishments.
It’s a Wrap #3 Happy Day
- Add Ribbon #5.
- Add Snowflakes, one after the other to fill line.
- Create “happy day” with the Holidazzle Digital Alpha set. Copy and align as shown.
- Insert a straight 1 pt blue line and place as shown. Trim excess snowflakes on edge.
It’s a Wrap #2 Multi-Colored Striped Snowflake
- Add 2- Ribbon #5.
- Add 1- Ribbon #2. Place as shown.
- Add Snowflake, centering.
- Add Red Pink Circle Epoxy as shown and apply shadow.
It’s a Wrap # 1 Happy Anniversary
- Add 2- Ribbon #6. Place so that there is a ¼ " space between them.
- Insert 2 dark grey 1 pt lines. Place on the inside edge of the ribbons.
- Insert a light grey 3 or 4 pt line in the center of the area between the ribbons.
- Create “Happy Anniversary” using the Holidazzle Digital Alpha Set. Select the text, and under the “Cut & Fill” tab, choose Gradient (one you like –mine is diagonal). Apply a heavy shadow. Place in center and on the line.
- Now, referring back to Wrap # 5, select the metal looking centerpiece with the snowflake and the blue dot. Under the “Arrange” tab, choose “Group”. Copy and paste once. By sight, size the snowflake. When it looks good, copy and paste it 5 more times. Place and align as shown.
Print the page. Cut and separate the wraps. Remember this is good for small boxes (jewelry size or a little bigger.) Place the wrap around the box, getting an idea for the size. Ideally, you want one band, creased on each edge, and attached to itself (and not the box) on the bottom. The wrap should “slide” over the edges of the box and fit snuggly.