Thanks for choosing to spend time with us this weekend. As you may know, October means Croptoberfest around here! Creative Memories Consultants all over North America are hosting workshops, events, and parties all month long. Even if you're unable to make it to a live event, you can get your fall cropping fix right here!
As we get started, here are a few reminders:
- Post your questions pertaining to each challenge on the blog where it is posted (that's this page!), so our answers stay with the challenge. Others may have the same questions!
- Once you've completed a challenge, snap a photo of it and post it (along with the challenge number) to our Facebook page to be entered for door prizes throughout the weekend. Also take a minute to fill out the ENTRY FORM so we know how to contact winners.
- You can join us for any or all of the challenges! Whether you have time for one, or all ten, you're going to have fun while learning something new.
- You can participate in the crop using traditional, digital or a mix of scrapbooking techniques. We love to see your favorite Creative Memories products in use!
- Challenges will be posted on our Facebook page every two hours during the Crop. Here are the challenge times (Central Time): Friday, October 5 - 4, 6, 8 p.m. and Saturday, October 6 - 8, 10 a.m., 12, 2, 4, 6, 8 p.m.
The Virtual Crop this weekend will be geared around RICH RELATIONSHIPS, so dig out your pictures of all those who are near and dear to your heart! We're going to spend some time celebrating those very special people.
Let's get this crop started!
The air is crisp, the pumpkins are picked, and the leaves are falling!
My favorite part of fall is the rich, earthy colors of the landscape.
Along with the bright reds and oranges, there are warm shades of brown, yellow and green.
For our first challenge, create a layout using this color palette!
For our traditional example, I want to highlight my relationship with my sister. She has a warm heart, which I feel is represented in the warm tones used.
My sister lives 1,300 miles away, but we make sure our families get to spend some quality time with each other every year.
We love the times we are together! Drinking coffee. Eating. Playing cards. Catching up on life!
Traditional layout created by Melissa Ullmann
Special relationships aren't always just between people. As you work on the challenges this weekend, think beyond person to person.
Design team member, Jill Klasen, created this digital layout about the connection her son Jack has with his guitar, and how much it means to him!
Digital layout created by Jill Klassen
We can't wait to see how you use this color palette in a layout! What special relationship will you celebrate?
Many other color combinations can be found on our Creative Memories Pinterest page for your future inspiration. We're constantly adding new pins, so visit often!