Great Scott – Showcase is underway! And with the help of Doc Brown and his super-sweet stainless-steel time machine, CEO Chris Veit and Co-founder Rhonda Anderson are out to make sure these memories are around for a long time.
Here's a rundown of what happened on mainstage today!
Defining our beliefs as we head into the next 25 years
As we carry the Creative Memories mission into the next generation, it’s critical that we continue to clarify who we are, what we offer … and exactly what we believe. So today Chris presented for the first time our clear stand for the future that Creative Memories will create in this world over the next 25 years.
This is our Declaration of Beliefs:
New products, new platforms, new progress
Chief Marketing Officer Loren Castronovo introduced a TON of new stuff today. Fortunately she had a crew of assistants and Doc Brown to help with the heavy lifting.
- There’s spooktacular fun in the new Limited-Edition Halloween Collection.
- The new Fall/Winter Product Catalog has been carefully rewritten and designed to save you both money and confusion.
- Memory Manager 4.0 is going to blow you away with things like facial recognition, one-click photo editing and easier-than-ever sharing with Facebook. Check out the video!
- And speaking of Facebook, as of Aug. 6, you’ll be able to find a library of images on CMC Network specifically for use with your Facebook account: timeline cover images, profile badges … even app pages!
- Party projects are going to be even easier with conveniently bundled, single-SKU projects. Wait till you see the Nov./Dec. Countdown to Christmas!
- Fast to Fabulous is a whole new platform for us. It’s our easiest album yet. With preprinted pages loaded into pre-assembled albums, it picks up where Quick Albums left off, making it even easier to go from a stack of photos to a gorgeous album in as little as half an hour.
A more manageable product line!
CEO Chris Veit talked about some of our strategies for building the future. One of them is to ease the product burden on you by taking our product line from the current 500 SKUs down to a more manageable 300. What’s the advantage?
• A smaller product line is easier for Consultants to learn, understand and present. If you know it, you can sell it!
• From the customer’s point of view, a smaller line is easier to navigate and shop, making purchasing decisions easier.
• The company can better manage inventory … and so can our Consultants who carry product.
Chris also shared that we’ll be supplementing that streamlined product line with limited-edition offerings each campaign. They’ll keep your regular customers happy; let you offer fresh, seasonal products; and drive a little bit of urgency for both Hosts and customers!
What’s new with Nancy?
Our dear friend Nancy O’Dell, host of Entertainment Tonight, stopped by mainstage again this year. And, as always, she had big news! First she introduced us to some sweet new products:
- 12x12 Joy Fast to Fabulous Album. Fast to Fabulous is our quickest, easiest album option ever. And Nancy’s classy, colorful Joy artwork makes this an amazing choice for a whole range of different album projects.
- You Bring Me Joy Simply Said Book. All of our Simply Said Books make it quick and simple to share some photos and sentiments with someone you love. As inexpensive gifts go, this new You Bring Me Joy book could be a true tear-jerker in under an hour!
- Espresso Magnetic Display. Nancy’s a big advocate of displaying photos (especially of the kids) to emphasize and validate the people who matter in your life. This gorgeous new display is an excellent new option!
- The Nancy Bag. Hardworking and stylish, this versatile new bag has a gorgeous pewter finish on the outside and a distinctive, fresh pattern on the fabric inside. It’s wonderful as a tote for your scrapbooking project or simply as a great bag.
- But then Nancy had one more thing to introduce – her latest book: “Here’s to Fabulous You – The little book for the good stuff in life”! Inspired by Nancy’s own monthly get togethers with good friends, this handy little book will become the convenient collecting place for all the important tips, ideas, thoughts and inspirations in your life. Your relationships, your aspirations, your wellness, your home… This one book can help you make them all a little more fabulous. And a little bit later, Genevieve’s going to demonstrate just what a powerful tool this simple book can be for your Creative Memories business!
And finally... a sneak “peek” at Showcase 2013!
Next year we’re shaking things up and taking Showcase on the road! For the first time ever, we’ll be holding Showcase in the Mile-High City of Denver, Colorado. And, as of noon today, registration for Showcase 2013 is open for the entire field and your paying guests for just $159! (Early-bird registration will be $199 when registration opens later this year.) But hurry, this special $159 offer is only available through 10 p.m. (CT) on Sunday evening (Aug. 5). Do it now!
Check back tomorrow for an overview of what Saturday has to bring.