We’re pretty proud of our product development and creative services groups right now -- the illustrators, graphic designers, writers, developers, marketers, trainers...who put together most of our advertising, marketing and product designs.* That’s because this past Friday night there were a whopping 11 awards given out to Creative Memories' work at this year’s local ADDY Awards show.
What’s an ADDY Award, you ask? The ADDY Awards are a creative awards competition sponsored by the American Advertising Federation (AAF). In fact, it’s the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition -- attracting over 50,000 entries each year in local ADDY competitions.
Local winners from clubs like our AAF-Central Minnesota chapter will now travel on to district-level competition. Winners there compete at the national level for a National ADDY Award. (Wish us luck!)
ADDY Awards are given in a bunch of different categories, from brochures and catalogs to magazine and television to websites and packaging. Awards can also be given for “elements of advertising” such as logos, photography and illustration.
This year, between entries submitted by our internal team and those submitted by our fantastic friends at Adventure, here’s the list of awards we brought home:
• Silver ADDY -- Just Between Friends Simply Said Book
• Silver ADDY -- Logo Depot Business Gifts (t-shirt, tumbler, datebook/stationery, nail file)
• Silver ADDY -- Holidazzle Collection (illustration campaign)
• Silver ADDY -- Reflections (illustration campaign)
• Silver ADDY -- Spring and Summer Reflections (illustration campaign) *Now, don’t get me wrong, we’re just as proud of everybody else around here. We all bleed CM blue. These are just the people lucky enough to have something to shout about this week!